Monday, November 7, 2011

Movie Poster Project; Logotype

I have decided to base my movie on a documentary about students who do not spend the entire class time paying attention to lectures and find themselves zoning out into day-dreams or start doodling on notes. I thought it would be somewhat comical, yet informative.  

My inspiration for my movie poster comes from the posters of the movie "Diary of A Whimpy Kid," which was simple, yet funny and straightforward. The basis of black and white helped balance out the poster without having to worry about what colors to choose to stand out more. 

I have decided to use a scan of a college-ruled sheet of paper that is doodled around with images and unfinished class notes. It will also include notes that would be passed around for another student to read. I also plan to scan a pencil and/or a pen, which is what is "used" to  make the doodles.

As far as a title, I wanted something that stood out without the use of many colors and that was relevant to the movie so that people would get a sense of what the movie is about. 

If I decide to use color, it would be the simple yellow, pink, green, blue, and or orange which are typical colors for highlighters. 

Here is the sample of my logotype for my movie poster. 
Though it looks relatively simple, I plan to add detail using Photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment